Every Blogger likes to see tons of traffic to their blog but will it possible to everyone? We all know, how difficult it is to get organic traffic from Search Engine? So, can we leave our blog on the mercy of God? No, definitely Not. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) will help you in getting Targeted Traffic. But again SEO is not the Area, where everyone is comfortable with. Here SEO Plugin comes in picture.
If you are on WordPress then you are lucky enough to use Best WordPress SEO Plugin. Else, you can go for SEO marketing companies or local SEO company. Many affordable SEO services still beyond the reach of many bloggers due to a tight budget. So, you can use SEO Plugin to do SEO on your own.
Even if you aren’t expert in Search Engine Optimization or don’t know anything about SEO, still, you can use this WordPress Plugins very easily. If you are a newbie Blogger and haven’t installed any SEO plugins yet, then it’s time to choose one to start your SEO Journey.
So, to help you out, I have listed here 5 Best WordPress SEO Plugin. The best part of this SEO Plugin, I listed here is, they are free to install and easy to use.
So, Here is the list of Best SEO Plugin for WordPress
With more than 3 million downloads, Yoast SEO WordPress Plugin is trending in SEO World. This is a free plugin with a Premium Version, which offers you almost all the features to optimize your WordPress Blog or Website.
- Yoast SEO forces you to choose a focus keyword when you’re writing your articles and then makes sure you use that focus keyword everywhere.
- Using the snippet preview, You can set SEO Title Length, Slug and Meta Description for better Search Engine Ranking. So, this way the plugin will help you in increasing the click through rate (CTR) for organic search results.
- The Yoast SEO plugins Page Analysis functionality check the images in your blog post for an alt tag containing the focus keyword for that post. It also checks whether your posts are long enough.
- Technical WordPress Search Engine Optimization reminding you to enable pretty permalinks.
- The Yoast SEO plugin has the most advanced XML Sitemaps functionality which notifies Google & Bing of the sitemaps’ existence. These XML sitemaps include the images in your posts & pages too, which will increase the chances of better SERPs for images.
- Yoast is planning to translate their plugin in 24 languages. The good news is, the translations for French and Dutch are complete so the Blogger from France and Netherlands can use this plugin in their own langue.
- Breadcrumbs functionality allows you to create an easy navigation which is great for your readers and search engines. Breadcrumbs support the search engines to understand the structure of your site.
- This plugin also comes with a Facebook OpenGraph implementation and will soon also support Google+ sharing tags.
If you are using WordPress is as your Blogging Platform then Installation and Activation of Yoast Seo is very easy.
- Click on Plugins from WordPress Dashboard and then on Add New
- Search for ‘Yoast SEO’
- Click on Install button, after installation click Activate.
- Once activated, SEO with Yoast Logo will appear at left in your Dashboard.
- Click SEO and setup the plugin. (View This Video by Harsh Agrawal for complete Setup)
With more than 3 million downloads, All in One SEO Pack is the best alternative to Yoast SEO Plugin. This is also a free plugin with a Premium Version. It’s easy and works out of the box for beginners, and has advanced features and an API for developers.
The Cool Features of this Plugin are,
- XML Sitemap support – submit your sitemap to Google and Bing and improve your SEO
- Automatically notifies search engines like Google and Bing about changes to your site
- The only free plugin to provide SEO Integration for e-Commerce sites, including WooCommerce
- Automatically optimizes your titles for Google and other search engines
- Avoids the typical duplicate content found on WordPress blogs
- You can override any title and set any META description and any META keywords you want.
- This plugin is translated into 57 languages (Which I Like the Most)
- Support for SEO on Custom Post Types
- Redirect attachment pages to parent post
I recommend this plugin to beginners because the default installation setting is good enough to optimize your site for search engine. All in One SEO Pack Pro is ahead of the free plugin for expert bloggers.
With 2 millions downloads and still counting more this SEO Plugin is another best option for doing SEO on your own. So, You can take full control of your on-page SEO with its user-friendly settings. This plugin has a lot of features and offers plenty of customization.
Let’s check out the features of the SEO Ultimate Plugin,
- Title Tag Rewriter
Out-of-the-box functionality puts your post titles at the beginning of the tag for improved keyword SEO.
- Meta Description Editor
Increase SERP clickthrough rates by influencing search engine result snippets.
- Rich Snippet Creator
Attract more search traffic with eye-catching supplementary SERP data.
Go beyond WordPress’s basic canonical tag functionality with SEO Ultimate’s support for category/tag/date/author archives.
- Error 404 Monitor
Find out what URLs are referring visitors to 404 errors.
- Author Highlighter
It generates code so the Google+ profile picture of the post’s author will appear alongside Google search results.
- Deeplink Juggernaut
Build internal links to your posts from within the WordPress post editor.
Use the power of anchor text to boost your internal ranking SEO paradigm.
With all these cool features, you might think to use this plugin. The Bad News is, the Developers now stopped Updating the Free Version. So, Upgrade to PRO to Get Powerful New Features.
SEO Squirrly is for the NON-SEO experts. Get Excellent SEO with Better Content, Ranking, and Analytics. SEO By Squirrly helps you write content that is SEO friendly and Human-friendly at the same time.
It is recommended by Neil Patel, the co-founder of Kissmetrics and Crazy Egg. So, let’s check the main befits of this SEO Plugin,
- Squirrly helps you in real time to optimize your articles to 100%, while you are writing or editing them.
- Finds you Keywords and Topics that your Customers actively search for
- Tracks all the aspects of your Content Marketing Strategy
- It will help you optimize all of your Content for Humans, not just for search engines.
- With Squirrly Snippet you can control the information and how it looks when someone finds your site.
- Squirrly generates your site’s XML Sitemap for Google and Bing Search Engine.
- Squirrly SEO Plugin sends you email alerts if something on your WordPress site needs immediate attention.
- Use the plugin as a marketing research tools and add the best resources directly in your article.
- Copyright-Free Images That You Can Use.
Updating regularly so, I will suggest newbie bloggers, to give a try. Else, you can go for their PRO Version.
If you are completely new to SEO or having trouble using any of above SEO Plugin, this SEO for WordPress Plugin is Perfect for Beginners. The Setup is easy so you can customize according to your Need.
Some of the cool features of SEO WordPress Plugin are,
- XML Sitemap
- Canonical URL
- Title Optimisation
- Meta Keywords & Description Optimisation
- Google Analytics Integration
- No Follow, No Index Settings
- Google & Bing Webmaster Tools Verification
- Category No Follow Option
This Plugin is not updated from last 7 months and not compatible with latest version WordPress. So, it will be better to use this plugin to know basics of SEO only.
Conclusion about SEO Plugin
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is must for every Blog & Website to get High SERP. We WordPress Blogger are lucky enough to do SEO on our own with the help of above-listed WordPress SEO Plugin. It is also a better idea to use SEO Optimized WordPress Theme along with any one of the plugin.
Above listed plugin will not make you the SEO Expert in a day as SEO is a long process and time to consume also. So, I suggest you use consistently any one of from here, most likely Yoast SEO or All in One SEO Pack.
Over to You,
Let me know, Which SEO Plugin you are using & Why? Will you like to add any other plugin to the list? Which is the best SEO plugin for WordPress in your opinion? Give your feedback in the comment.
If you like this article, please do share on Social Sites & with your fellow bloggers.
(A detailed post on Setup of Yoast & All in One SEO Pack will be published shortly so, stay tuned with me)
Here at BlogShouter, I will share everything about how to turn a blog into a business & make a living out of it.